As a service organization, the success of ACS depends on upon our people and our ability to function as a team. A great team has shared values and can accomplish great things. These are our core values.
- Valuing open communication
- We value open communication, active listening, and the ability to work together towards a common goal. By a collaborative environment, we encourage the sharing of ideas, knowledge, and skills, which ultimately leads to innovative solutions and enhanced outcomes. If someone needs help, stop to help them, even if it's not part of your job description. Teamwork means there's no such thing as “it's not my job.”
- Valuing the attitude of excellence
- Give it your best day in and day out. Results may vary but it's the effort that counts. Don't bother competing with others, compete with yourself. Complete every job with the same commitment you started it with. See things through to the end and enjoy the journey. Good enough never is: always aim to be better than you are right now, no matter how successful you are. Never fold your hands in self-satisfaction. Failures are a part of growth, don't shy away from them.
- Valuing doing what's right
- We believe in ourselves with honesty, transparency, and ethical behavior. Upholding high moral standards builds trust within our team. Do what's right because it's right, even when no one is looking.
- Valuing others
- Take a deep breath, and don't jump to conclusions. Give each other and our customers respect, dignity, and empathy. People make mistakes, don't assume they have bad intentions. Don't criticize others, instead take the opportunity to teach those around you. Ask questions and expect the best of people. Give people room for change and improvement. If you are criticized treat it as an opportunity to grow in patience. Listen more than you speak and if you listen well you will be heard well. Give big ideas the space they deserve. Take the time to reflect before you reply.
- Valuing professional accountability
- We strive for excellence in all that we do. This means maintaining a high level of professionalism, taking ownership of our work, and continuously seeking opportunities for growth and development. Professionalism also entails being accountable for our actions and delivering quality services to our clients.
- Valuing flexibility and adaptability
- We embrace new experiences, and embrace change as an opportunity for growth. By staying agile, we can respond effectively to the evolving needs of our clients and innovative solutions. Consider the risks associated with your decisions. Consider who else will be impacted first.
- Valuing our customers
- We are dedicated to understanding and meeting the needs of our clients. By putting our customers at the center of everything we do, we can provide exceptional service and exceed their expectations. Always give customers and colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Valuing positive reinforcement
- Give praise to whom it's due. Give credit to the team, accept blame as an individual. Own your mistakes, even when it hurts.